Level 4 ($78,266 - $88,70, pro rata excluding benefits)Located in East Perth, Central Desert Native Title Services Limited is a dedicated, close-knit team, who are committed to achieving the best native title outcomes for the Traditional Owners of the Central Desert region of Western Australia. We are seeking applications for a GIS Officer to join our team. In this role you will provide essential geospatial and mapping support across the organisation. The successful person will:
- have a tertiary qualification in GIS, cartography or relevant discipline;
- have proven experience using ESRI mapping software;
- be proficient in the use Google Earth and GPS devices;
- be willing to work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- have high-level time management and organisational skills and the ability to work to set deadlines;
- be committed and outcome focused;
- have excellent attention to detail;
- be a committed team player and quick to learn.
Please click here for a detailed duty statement and selection criteria.Knowledge or experience in Native Title and/or mining and exploration practices would be advantageous, by not essential. The successful applicant will be based in our East Perth office. Central Desert is a fast paced, value driven organisation doing rewarding and important work for its clients. If you are interested in working in the Not-For-Profit sector and making a difference in the lives of Indigenous Western Australians then this could be the job for youIn addition to a rewarding and dynamic positive, Central Desert can offer benefits such as:
- Flexible and supportive work environment;
- Salary packaging;
- 9.5% superannuation in addition to the salary presented;
- Long Service Leave available pro rata after five years of continuous service;
- Paid Christmas shutdown period between Christmas and New Years;
- Additional paid parental leave available after 12 months of service;
- Free onsite parking, as well as being in close proximity to public transport; and
- Supported and endorsed social events.
- Complete a cover letter clearly addressing the selection criteria (maximum of 2 pages); and
- Submit with your resume in PDF format via the website.
Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 31 January 2022