Lawyer (REF : 2112)
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. This is authorised under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
Applications Close: 6pm, Monday 27 September 2021
Full Time 12 month fixed-term contract, full time.
Central Desert Native Title Services is committed to achieving the best native title outcomes for the Traditional Owners of the Central Desert region of Western Australia. We assist our clients to use their traditional lands to fulfil their highest social, cultural and economic aspirations.
We are seeking applications for the role of Lawyer
to join our team on a 12-month, fixed term contract (with possible extension, subject to funding).
In this role, you will work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide native title claimants, Prescribed Bodies Corporate, the Principal Lawyer and other team members within the organisation, with advice and representation in relation to cutting edge native title, mining, land tenure and related matters.
The successful person will:
- be committed and outcome focused;
- have excellent attention to detail;
- have experience or a keen interest in native title and/or land rights;
- have excellent facilitation and multi-tasking skills; and
- have excellent written and inter-personal communication skills.
The successful person will be based in our East Perth office and be willing and able to travel regularly to remote desert locations.
Central Desert is a fast paced, value driven organisation doing rewarding and important work for its clients. If you are interested in working in the not for profit sector and making a difference in the lives of Indigenous Australians, this this could be the job for you.
In addition to a rewarding and dynamic position, Central Desert can offer benefits such as:
- a flexible and supportive work environment;
- generous salary packaging options;
- long service leave available, pro rata after five years of continuous service;
- paid office-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years in addition to exisiting leave entitlements;
- additional paid parental leave available after 12 months of service;
- free onsite parking, as well as being in close proximity to public transport; and
- supported and endorsed social events.
For a detailed Duty Statement and Selection Criteria please click here
please submit your responses to the selection criteria, with your CV in PDF format (using the form below) before 6pm, Monday 27 September 2021
Before an offer of employment can be made, Central Desert requires a National Police Clearance, not older than 6 months, a certificate of practice (law) and evidence of an unrestricted driver’s license. Please note:
You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. Back to Current Vacancies