Level 3 Engagement Officer
$62,890 – $73,923 excluding benefits
12 months maximum term contract with possible extension
Located in East Perth, Central Desert Native Title Services (Central Desert) is a recognised Native Title Service Provider for the Central Desert region in Western Australia, covering approximately 830,935km2, nearly one third of Western Australia.
We are committed to enabling the people of the Central Desert to use their traditional lands to fulfil their highest social, cultural and economic aspirations. We are currently seeking applications for the role of Engagement Officer to assist us in our vision.
As Central Desert’s Engagement Officer you will be the person primarily responsible for engaging with our indigenous constituents and clients and other external stakeholders on native title and related matters to meet our overarching engagement strategy and assist in facilitating opportunities for our clients that are consistent with our mission.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work within the Not-For-Profit sector, in a rewarding, value driven organisation then this job could be for you!
To be considered for this position, it is essential that you:
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, particularly in regional and remote locations.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team, and a commitment to teamwork.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong facilitation and written and oral communications skills.
- Be able to travel to the Central Desert region of WA when required due to the remote location of our clients.
In addition to a rewarding and dynamic position, Central Desert can offer benefits such as:
- Free onsite parking, as well as being in close proximity to public transport.
- Flexible and supportive work environment.
- Supported and endorsed social events.
- Salary packaging.
- 9.5% Superannuation in addition to salary presented.
- Long Service Leave available pro rata after five years of continuous service.
- Paid Christmas shutdown between Christmas and New Years that does not come out of your leave entitlements.
- Additional paid parental leave available after 12 months of service.
Click here for detailed Duty Statement and Selection Criteria for this position.
How to apply:
- Download the Duty Statement and Selection Criteria for this position.
- Complete a Cover Letter no more than 3 pages addressing the Selection Criteria for this position.
- Submit a copy of your CV and Cover Letter in PDF below.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, Central Desert requires a National Police Clearance, no older than 6 months and evidence of an unrestricted driver’s license.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Applications close 5pm Monday 24th February 2020